The Law Offices of Scott A. Miller, APC is an employment law firm based in Vancouver, Washington, committed to fighting for the rights of their clients. Those who have experienced discrimination in the workplace or from a potential employer should get in touch with the firm to schedule a consultation.
A Vancouver Wage Law Attorney Ready to Protect Your Rights
The attorneys at the Law Offices of Scott A. Miller, APC are knowledgeable about discrimination cases, and the laws in place that protect American citizens. They are prepared to fiercely advocate for their clients, especially in cases involving the following forms of discrimination:
- Race – Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits employer decisions based on stereotypes about the traits, performance and abilities of persons of certain racial groups. Equal employment opportunities cannot be denied based on association with a person of a different race.
- Gender – Even with the Equal Pay Act in place, gender discrimination continues to be a major problem in the workplace and can affect wages and promotions. Regardless of the form it takes, there are several state and federal laws that prohibit discrimination based on gender.
- Disability – Disability discrimination includes asking job applicants about their present medical conditions, sustaining physical barriers which impede the movement of those with physical disabilities or refusing to provide reasonable accommodation to allow them to work.
- Sexual Orientation – Sexual orientation discrimination refers to differential treatment based on one’s sexual identity. Common offenses include being overlooked for a promotion due to sexual orientation or being called names.
- Pregnancy – The law protects women from discrimination based on pregnancy in all aspects of employment, including leave, hiring, salary and health insurance.
- Ethnicity – Ethnicity refers to ethnic traits, cultural background or allegiances. Unfortunately, it’s not uncommon for ethnic groups to experience discrimination through prejudices or stereotypes.
No matter what form discrimination takes, the Law Offices of Scott A. Miller, APC has a deep knowledge of the state and federal discrimination laws and understands clients’ rights. They are zealous advocates, dedicated to ensuring that your rights are protected under the law.
The Vancouver Employment Attorney Delivering Personalized Attention
If you feel you’ve been discriminated against due to race, gender, disability, sexual orientation or ethnicity, the Law Office of Scott A. Miller, APC will take the time to carefully review your individual circumstances and advise you whether or not you have a valid claim. And if the claim is valid, you get assistance with each step of the process for filing a discrimination claim, including where to file.
Turn to the Law Offices of Scott. A. Miller, APC – your Vancouver wage law attorney. They will fight for justice on your behalf.